1. Get phone call from new OB/GYN (whom I love!) confirming appointment for tomorrow morning. 34 weeks!
2. Notice 2 voicemails from the weekend. One is from the plumber who is supposed to fix our sewer pipe, which has backed up twice in the last two months, apparently because it is cracked. The other is from my mom, whom I am mad at.
3. Feel guilty, because I am supposed to call back the plumber, and also don’t want to deal with my mom. I red-buttoned her yesterday when she called, because I was napping (and also mad) so her sad-sounding voicemail makes me feel even worse.
4. Think about how once, I was a baby in my mom’s belly, and how much she must love me, and how horrible I am for being mad at her, because someday this baby is TOTALLY going to be mad at me, and red-button me on a Sunday afternoon, and I will be leaving sad-sounding voicemails.
5. Become overwhelmed with being responsible for other people’s feelings (remember, I am the wronged party in the dispute with my mom!).
6. Begin to feel similarly overwhelmed with the sewer pipe issue, and the nursery, and the fact that we still don’t have a car seat, and when am I going to schedule the childbirth class (I could give birth any minute, seriously), and Christmas present shopping, and work responsibilities, and the cats need their claws clipped but the clippers are missing, etc., etc., etc.
7. Without warning or preamble, fall sound asleep sitting completely upright at my desk for an hour. An entire hour. Wake up when the phone rings.
8. Call sewer man, email my sister to complain about how guilty I feel about our mom, buy my wife two Christmas presents (accidentally from our joint checking account, whoops!). Is it time to go home yet?